ant-user mailing list archives

From Shawn Castrianni <>
Subject apply task
Date Sun, 20 Apr 2008 05:57:19 GMT
I just discovered the apply task as a better exec task.  I like that it automatically loops
through the fileset one at a time and automatically does a timestamp check if you give it
a dest and mapper.  However, I have one small problem.  On windows, the C compiler specifies
the output file name with a /Fofoo.obj such that the output filename is directly after /Fo
with no space in between.  The apply task provides me with a <targetfile/> tag which
is the place holder for the target file name, but it treats this as a separate argument to
the executable.  Therefore, it puts a space in between /Fo and <targetfile/>.  This
break the C compiler on windows.  How can I specify that <targetfile/> should be part
of the previous <arg value="/Fo"/>.  Is there some property that is set for each file
as apply loops through the fileset so that I can use the property name instead of the <targetfile/>

Shawn Castrianni

and delete all copies of this message.