ant-user mailing list archives

From Shawn Castrianni <Shawn.Castria...@halliburton.com>
Subject Is recursive property evaluation supported?
Date Mon, 14 Apr 2008 23:11:13 GMT
I was trying to present a list of choices for the user like an interactive textual menu.  I
produced the list of choices and set a property for each.  The user inputs a number corresponding
to the choice he wants, and I get the value corresponding to that choice via my properties
I set.  However, it doesn't work because I need to evaluate a recursive property expression:

${releaseName.${releaseName.selection}}

where  ${releaseName.selection} would evaluate to the number they typed in [1, 2, 3...] and
then the outer property would be evaluated like ${releaseName.1} if they picked 1.

Is this supported?  I was able to mix parameter evaluation inside property evaluation and
it worked fine:

${dllName.@{submodule}}<mailto:$%7bdllName.@%7bsubmodule%7d%7d>

So I was surprised my recursive property evaluation didn't work.

Any help presenting a list of choices to the user where they pick the number corresponding
to their choice would also be helpful.

---
Shawn Castrianni

and delete all copies of this message.