ant-user mailing list archives

From Steve Loughran <ste...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Issue with time zone in ANT
Date Wed, 16 Apr 2008 11:23:18 GMT
ms harsha wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am adding some entry in the properties file regarding the date and
>  time.
>
> <entry key="build.date.detailed" value="now" type="date"
>  pattern="MM/dd/yyyy HH:mm:ss z"/>
>
> When i execute this above line in my laptop its showing
>
> 04/14/2008:11:31:21 IST
>
> But in my desktop it shows
>
> 04/14/2008:11:31:21 GMT+5:30
>
> I want both machine to print IST what i need to do please help.

This looks like a JVM issue, not Ant itself. We just print what the JVM
gives us. Maybe the desktop doesnt have its locale set up right.

What does ant -diagnostics say? Mine says

  Locale information
Timezone Greenwich Mean Time offset=3600000

-which is wrong as once summertime kicks in, I am no longer in
GMT...again the JVM is blurring things here.

-steve

Author: Ant in Action           http://antbook.org/