ant-user mailing list archives

From Steve Loughran <ste...@apache.org>
Subject Re: taskdef not receiving the classpath properly?
Date Wed, 16 Apr 2008 11:19:37 GMT
Kathryn Rivard wrote:
> Turns out upgrading to Ant 1.7.0 (and clearing out all the crud in Fedora 7
> that makes you use the rpm version) fixed the problem -- no taskdef
> classpath, no CLASSPATH environment variable necessary, it works exactly how
> I want it to.

It was probably the RPM version getting in ahead of anything else...we
changed the scripts in Ant1.7 so your own installation gets in there first.

1. Ant1.7 adds a -lib command to add new stuff to a lib directory
2. you can also stick jars into ~/.ant/lib, so that different users can
have stuff in the classpath, even with a root-only ANT_HOME/lib

-steve

Author: Ant in Action           http://antbook.org/