ant-user mailing list archives

From Steve Loughran <ste...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Can zip task to create a zip archive with password?
Date Wed, 16 Apr 2008 11:12:43 GMT
CheeYang Chau wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have read everything about zip task but find no way to create
> password protected zip archive.  Is there possible to do so with zip
> task?

1. no, not yet. You are as usual free to add this feature, the tests and
the documentation. I fear this would be hard to test, as you would need
to test against all the main zip implementations. Furthermore, unless
you use a built in Java Cryptography Extensions crypto engine, Ant would
have to play more with us export regulations, which scares people.

2. I seem to recall that the standard zip encryption is pretty weak.
Better to use something like BouncyCastle and encrypt the files rigorously

Author: Ant in Action           http://antbook.org/