ant-user mailing list archives

From Gilbert Rebhan <...@schillbaer.de>
Subject Re: How to get jruby scripts working?
Date Wed, 09 Apr 2008 19:13:09 GMT
Hi,

> I have a bit of a problem here. Trying to get a ruby script task working, I
> get this message:
>
> java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
> org.jruby.Ruby.parse(Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/lang/String;Lorg/jruby/runtime/DynamicScope;I)Lorg/jruby/ast/Node;
>
> I put the bsf jars (3.0 beta, works fine with javascript) and jruby.jar (1.1
> release) on the classpath of cruisecontrol's ant distribution, because
> that's the one I'm using (I'm sure it's the one, cause I was already
> tackling a similar problem with javascript tasks). Can anyone provide me
> with a clue as to what I might be doing wrong?

I'm using jruby all the time, running on sun jdk 5, bsf 2.x (don't know
the exact release id right know, maybe 2.1), jruby 1.0
(i always use the jruby-complete.jar) with ant 1.6.5
Didn't have any problems, had no time to try the new
jruby release 1.1 though.

Please provide some snippets, i'll test them with my configuration
to see if it works over here.

Regards, Gilbert