ant-user mailing list archives

From Matt Benic <mattbe...@gmail.com>
Subject Argument difficulties with Apply
Date Wed, 02 Apr 2008 14:25:29 GMT
Hi,
I am having trouble using Apply on a proprietary third party tool. The
tool is a packaging utility which (bizarrely) cannot take wildcard or
folder parameters, so each input file must be independently specified.
An example (working) commandline call that adds a file to the package is:
xuipkg.exe /A package.xpg test.png

I am trying to use Exec with a FileSet to simplify adding multiple files
to a package as follows:
        <apply executable="xuipkg.exe" relative="true">
            <arg value="/A package.xpg"/>
            <fileset dir=".">
                <include name="**/*.png"/>
            </fileset>
        </apply>

However this does not seem to be passing parameters to the tool
correctly, causing the tool to just print out it's usage notice on each
call and not do any work. The tool does not provide any useful
information regarding what it wrong. If I modify the fileset to include
to only handle test.png, and run Ant with -verbose, Apply provides the
following output (relevant -debug output is similar):
    [apply] Current OS is Windows XP
    [apply] Executing 'xuipkg.exe' with arguments:
    [apply] '/A package.xpg'
    [apply] 'test.png'
    [apply]
    [apply] The ' characters around the executable and arguments are
    [apply] not part of the command.
    [apply] <XUIPKG USAGE OUTPUT PRINTED HERE>

These arguments appear to correctly match the commandline call, but
something is obviously wrong. I have tried all sorts of variations on
apply and the fileset but the result is always the same. I doubt the
problem lies with the fileset, as the arguments appearing in the output
seem to be right.

Does anyone have any idea what may be going wrong here?

Thanks in advance,
Matt