ant-user mailing list archives

From "Dominique Devienne" <ddevie...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: apply task
Date Mon, 21 Apr 2008 14:24:02 GMT
On Sun, Apr 20, 2008 at 12:57 AM, Shawn Castrianni
<Shawn.Castrianni@halliburton.com> wrote:
> I just discovered the apply task as a better exec task.  I like that it automatically
loops through the fileset one at a time and automatically does a timestamp check if you give
it a dest and mapper.  However, I have one small problem.  On windows, the C compiler specifies
the output file name with a /Fofoo.obj such that the output filename is directly after /Fo
with no space in between.  The apply task provides me with a <targetfile/> tag which
is the place holder for the target file name, but it treats this as a separate argument to
the executable.  Therefore, it puts a space in between /Fo and <targetfile/>.  This
break the C compiler on windows.  How can I specify that <targetfile/> should be part
of the previous <arg value="/Fo"/>.  Is there some property that is set for each file
as apply loops through the fileset so that I can use the property name instead of the <targetfile/>
tag?

Hmmm, you may not like this answer Shawn, but don't use <apply> for C
compiles, use CppTasks instead. You even have plenty of builds already
using it as examples ;-)

--DD