ant-user mailing list archives

From "Dominique Devienne" <ddevie...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Problem with OUTOFDATE (ant-contrib) task
Date Mon, 07 Apr 2008 16:35:42 GMT
On Mon, Apr 7, 2008 at 8:47 AM, Ken Turner <ken@kbturner.co.uk> wrote:
>  My problem is very simple: I have two parallel directory structures, 'Old'
>  and 'New',  which contain a variety of files and subdirectories.  Normally
>  the contents are identical, but I want to know whether any file has been
>  updated.  OUTOFDATE seems to be the perfect solution, but I can't get it to
>  work.  Here's what I've got:

You're not saying what you do if the two dirs differ. Since you're
using an identity mapper, it could be that you could use <sync>
<modified> selector.

Regarding <outofdate>, you may get more feedback were you to post a
simple example of what you are trying to achieve, without <macrodef>
or <for> to complicate the picture. And again, explain what you do
when the dirs differ may point to other solutions. Just my $0.02. --DD