ant-user mailing list archives

From "James Abley" <james.ab...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: NetBeans target "run" to .bat file
Date Tue, 01 Apr 2008 20:17:39 GMT
>  > > Andrew n marshall wrote ..
>  > >
>  > >> This may be more of a general Java question than a specific Ant
>  > >> question, but here it goes....
>  > >>
>  > >> I have a project that I built with NetBeans.  NetBeans gave me a nice
>  > >> ant file that works great.  But I need non-developers who don't have ant
>  > >> installed to be able to run it.
>  > >>

Why? You have a working ANT build file. Why can't you install ANT
where required? Maybe you could provide a batch file that checks for
the existence of ANT and installs it as required?

Otherwise, I'd suggest just using your shell (cmd.exe) to build up the
correct classpath, and then create a batch file from that.

HTH,

James