ant-user mailing list archives

From "Anderson, Rob (Global Trade)" <Rob.Ander...@nike.com>
Subject RE: NetBeans target "run" to .bat file
Date Tue, 01 Apr 2008 21:58:49 GMT
To run an ant build file, you need ant. If the users are on your
network, and have access to some of the same shared drives as you, then
you could put ant on a shared drive and run it from a wrapper script
(.bat) that sets up ANT_HOME, JAVA_HOME, etc.

-Rob Anderson

-----Original Message-----
From: James Abley [mailto:james.abley@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, April 01, 2008 1:18 PM
To: Ant Users List
Subject: Re: NetBeans target "run" to .bat file

>  > > Andrew n marshall wrote ..
>  > >
>  > >> This may be more of a general Java question than a specific Ant
>  > >> question, but here it goes....
>  > >>
>  > >> I have a project that I built with NetBeans.  NetBeans gave me a
nice
>  > >> ant file that works great.  But I need non-developers who don't
have ant
>  > >> installed to be able to run it.
>  > >>

Why? You have a working ANT build file. Why can't you install ANT
where required? Maybe you could provide a batch file that checks for
the existence of ANT and installs it as required?

Otherwise, I'd suggest just using your shell (cmd.exe) to build up the
correct classpath, and then create a batch file from that.

HTH,

James