ant-user mailing list archives

From "Eric Chamberlain" <echamberl...@ventripoint.com>
Subject RE: Problem with setting JAVA_HOME for Ant
Date Tue, 08 Apr 2008 22:49:38 GMT
Never mind.  I figured it out.   I need JAVA_HOME to point to the jdk
directory, not to the bin directory beneath it.  When I do that, everything
works.

Sorry for the bother.

 == Eric ==

-----Original Message-----
From: Eric Chamberlain [mailto:echamberlain@ventripoint.com]
Sent: Tuesday, April 08, 2008 3:42 PM
To: 'Ant Users List'
Subject: RE: Problem with setting JAVA_HOME for Ant

I had already done that.   I have JAVA_HOME defined correctly defined as a
user-level.   I can see that JAVA_HOME is defined and defined correctly in
the command prompt window in which I run ant.    I just cannot get Ant to
use it.  Arrgh!

If it helps, this is what Ant says:

c:\....\nbproject\build-impl.xml:337: The following error occurred while
executing this
line:
c:\....\nbproject\build-impl.xml:168: Unable to find a javac compiler;
com.sun.tools.javac.Main is not on the classpath.
Perhaps JAVA_HOME does not point to the JDK.
It is currently set to "C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06"

This is not the correct location.

The correct location is c:\VPTrunk\src\ext\jdk\bin which is the value of
JAVA_HOME at the point I invoke ant.

 == Eric ==