ant-user mailing list archives

From "Eric Chamberlain" <echamberl...@ventripoint.com>
Subject Problem with setting JAVA_HOME for Ant
Date Tue, 08 Apr 2008 22:27:08 GMT
I have a real mystery and cannot find the solution anywhere I have looked
(including the Ant FAQ).

java directory.

I am running Ant on Windows XP to execute a NetBeans-generated build.xml.

One step I have tried has been to run

   ant -diagnostics

Which confirms that java.home is located somewhere other than JAVA_HOME (not
even in the same directory tree).

Here is my question:   How can I change the value of java.home for ant?
What .properties file do I have create?   Why does ant ignore it if I type

   ant -Djava.home=%JAVA_HOME% -f mybuildfile.xml

I was expecting to override the java.home there but it didn't happen.

I am left rather puzzled.

Eric Chamberlain
Software Engineer