ant-user mailing list archives

From "Ravi Roy" <>
Subject RE: How to store date time as a long value into a text file.
Date Sun, 27 Apr 2008 11:19:45 GMT
Just to inform the list, I was not able to wokout this problem using
standard Ant task, I had to write small custom Ant task to solve this
problem -- which in fact I was trying to avoid ;-)

-----Original Message-----
From: Ravi Roy []
Sent: Saturday, April 26, 2008 1:35 PM
To: Ant Users List
Subject: How to store date time as a long value into a text file.

Hi all,

I have searched the archives, but I am not able to get the answer of my
question. My problem is I want to create a file say "foo" and store current
time as long value in that using Ant.

For example :

long myvar = System.currentTimeMillis();

would produce a long value of current date time, which I want to store in

I created the file :

	<target name="">
  	     <touch file="foo" />

But I am not sure, I to store date time as long value into that file.. Does
some have any idea ?

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message