ant-user mailing list archives

From "Kent Larsson" <Kent.Lars...@tpb.se>
Subject Ant script for building Javadoc, is there a way to bundle common <link> tags?
Date Fri, 14 Mar 2008 10:28:03 GMT
Hi,

In our Ant script to build Javadoc we have lots of <link ...>'s inside
our <javadoc ...>'s where the <link ...>'s are duplicated into most of
our <javadoc ...>'s. We would like to reference these so we don't have
the same lines of code in lots of places in the build script. We have
tried googling and reading the Ant and Javadoc manuals without success.

/* Start of example Javadoc Ant snippet */
<javadoc destdir="${javadoc.dir}/common"
   classpathref="path.combined"
   windowtitle="SOM Common API Doc"
   encoding="UTF-8"
   charset="UTF-8"
   access="private">
 <!-- This part is very common : Start -->
 <link offline="true" href="http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/docs/api/"
packagelistLoc="javadoc/j2se-1.5.0"/>
 <link offline="true" href="http://java.sun.com/javaee/5/docs/api/"
packagelistLoc="javadoc/javaee-5"/>
 <link href="http://lab.ourserver.com/javadoc/common/"/>
 <link href="http://lab.ourserver.com/javadoc/dist/"/>
 <link href="http://lab.ourserver.com/javadoc/ejb/"/>
 <link href="http://lab.ourserver.com/javadoc/web/"/>
 <link href="http://lab.ourserver.com/javadoc/downloadClient/"/>
 <!-- This part is very common : End -->
 <fileset dir="${somCommon.dir}/src">
  <include name="**/*.java"/>
 </fileset>
 </javadoc>
/* End of example Javadoc Ant snippet */

Is there a way to bundle the links so they may be referenced? Something
similar to:

/* Start of example pseudo-code Javadoc Ant snippet */
<linkbundle name="thecommonlinks">
 <!-- This part is very common : Start -->
 <link offline="true" href="http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/docs/api/"
packagelistLoc="javadoc/j2se-1.5.0"/>
 <link offline="true" href="http://java.sun.com/javaee/5/docs/api/"
packagelistLoc="javadoc/javaee-5"/>
 <link href="http://lab.ourserver.com/javadoc/common/"/>
 <link href="http://lab.ourserver.com/javadoc/dist/"/>
 <link href="http://lab.ourserver.com/javadoc/ejb/"/>
 <link href="http://lab.ourserver.com/javadoc/web/"/>
 <!-- This part is very common : End -->
</linkbudle>

<javadoc destdir="${javadoc.dir}/common"
   classpathref="path.combined"
   windowtitle="SOM Common API Doc"
   encoding="UTF-8"
   charset="UTF-8"
   access="private">
 <linkbudlereference name="thecommonlinks"/>
 <fileset dir="${somCommon.dir}/src">
  <include name="**/*.java"/>
 </fileset>
</javadoc>
/* End of example pseudo-code Javadoc Ant snippet */

As we have 7-8 <javadoc> tags (to build individual javadocs when we
don't want to build them all) it would be nice and clean to reference
common <link> tags in some way.

Thanks for reading!