ant-user mailing list archives

From <Sumit.Srivast...@ubs.com>
Subject RE: If task
Date Fri, 14 Mar 2008 01:14:34 GMT
Ohh yeah..It works that way..I saw at the ant contribs and didn't realise the two args can
be compared.
Thanks a ton for the help Francis..

~Sumit

-----Original Message-----
From: Francis Brennan [mailto:fbrennan@adobe.com]
Sent: Thursday, March 13, 2008 9:08 PM
To: Ant Users List
Subject: Re: If task

You can implement that nearly verbatim using the ant-contrib extensions which provide if/elseif/else
capabilities.  The only change from what you have below would be to the syntax of your conditional
expressions for example, correct equals syntax would be: <equals arg1=²${prop1}² arg2=²1²/>

Francis

On 3/13/08 5:21 PM, "Sumit.Srivastava@ubs.com" <Sumit.Srivastava@ubs.com>
wrote:

> Hi All,
>
>         is there a way to implement the following if-else clause in ANT ?
>
>         <if>
>                  <equals ${prop1}="1"/>
>                  <then>
>                         <exec executable="cmd">
>                           <arg value="/c"/>
>                           <arg value="${SQL_ROOT}\Dev1.bat"/>
>                         </exec>
>                  </then>
>
>                  <elseif>
>                   <equals ${prop1}="2" />
>                   <then>
>                         <exec executable="cmd">
>                           <arg value="/c"/>
>                           <arg value="${SQL_ROOT}\Dev2.bat"/>
>                         </exec>
>                   </then>
>                   </elseif>
>                  <else>
>                         <exec executable="cmd">
>                           <arg value="/c"/>
>                           <arg value="${SQL_ROOT}\Dev3.bat"/>
>                         </exec>
>                  </else>
>                 </if>
>

> I need to check for the value of the property "prop1" based on which
> need to run batch scripts. According to the manuals , do I need to
> check values based on whether the value is set/unset ?
>
> Thanks all,
> Sumit
>

> Visit our website at http://www.ubs.com

> should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail.  Please notify
> the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received this e-mail by
> mistake and delete this e-mail from your system.
>
> E-mails are not encrypted and cannot be guaranteed to be secure or
> error-free as information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost,
> destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses.  The sender
> therefore does not accept liability for any errors or omissions in the
> contents of this message which arise as a result of e-mail transmission.
> If verification is required please request a hard-copy version.  This
> related financial instruments.

Visit our website at http://www.ubs.com

E-mails are not encrypted and cannot be guaranteed to be secure or
destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses.  The sender
contents of this message which arise as a result of e-mail transmission.
If verification is required please request a hard-copy version.  This
construed as a solicitation or offer to buy or sell any securities
or related financial instruments.