ant-user mailing list archives

From "Lenhof,Danny" <Danny.Len...@gartner.com>
Subject RE: setting properties
Date Fri, 14 Mar 2008 13:40:47 GMT
Thanks for the replies. This is what I did to get it to work. This is
not the best way I am sure, but it works in a pinch.

        <ant
antfile="${soa.EBSToAthenaWS.location}/${SOA.EBSToAthenaWS.build.file}"

                 target="archive"

                 inheritAll="false" >

                 <property name="env" value="${env}"/>

                                 <property
file="E:/SOA_Build_Area/BuildScripts/EBSToAthenaWS/build.properties"/>

         </ant>

-----Original Message-----
From: Rebhan, Gilbert [mailto:Gilbert.Rebhan@huk-coburg.de]
Sent: Friday, March 14, 2008 4:17 AM
To: Ant Users List
Subject: RE: setting properties

-----Original Message-----

From: Jan.Materne@rzf.fin-nrw.de [mailto:Jan.Materne@rzf.fin-nrw.de]

Sent: Friday, March 14, 2008 8:36 AM

To: user@ant.apache.org

Subject: AW: setting properties

/*

> I created an ant wrapper that calls the build.xml. The issue I have is

> that the build.xml call a user.properties and overrides the

> values I set for the environment.

Properties are immutable so once set further overridings are ignored.

Properties which are passed from the command line with -D are set first.

> Each developer has everything mapped to a d: drive, i.e. ant,

weblogic,

> etc.  I want it to use my values for my build server.

*/

i guess he asks for user specific propertyfiles.

maybe like that =

use the ant builtin properties ${user.home} or ${user.name}

${user.home}, put the user.properties in home directory

<property file="${user.home}/user.properties"/>

${user.name}, create a propertyfile for every user

<property file="${user.name}.properties"/>

this will load the user specific propertyfiles

Regards, Gilbert