ant-user mailing list archives

From "Hache, Martin" <>
Subject Custom Task: Property File argument
Date Tue, 25 Mar 2008 15:02:08 GMT

I'm writing a Custom Ant Task that needs to act on the properties in a
Property File (and just in that property file).  So I'm passing my
custom task the name of this Property file.  I use a and a collection to load this file but I've just now
realized that variables in the property file are not being resolved.
So, I think that I'm doing this wrong...

What's the right way to load a Property file into a custom Ant task to
obtain the resolution.  I looked into using the Ant Property task within
my custom task but it would appear to add the properties to the Ant
Project and leave me with no way to reference just the properties in my

Lastly, this needs to work in Ant 1.6.5 and 1.7

Thanks,  Martin.