ant-user mailing list archives

From "Xavier Hanin" <>
Subject Re: NPE in Ant 1.7.0
Date Thu, 27 Mar 2008 15:48:02 GMT
On Thu, Mar 27, 2008 at 4:02 PM, Peter Reilly <>

> On Thu, Mar 27, 2008 at 2:19 PM, Buck, Robert <> wrote:
> > so obviously we would
> >  love to see this fixed in 1.7.1.
> This may be problematic, as we are in a release cycle at the moment.
> It will be up the the release manager to accept any fix that may be
> found.

What do you mean by "we are in a release cycle"? Obviously this won't go
into 1.7.1beta2 which is already out, but wouldn't it be possible to include
it in 1.7.1 final? Should 1.7.1beta2 be considered as a release candidate
for 1.7.1 which is almost frozen? As I said in the comment on the issue,
this bug is really annoying for Ivy users: we use id of the settings task to
isolate settings, therefore I suspect many Ivy users will run into such
trouble. So I'd really like to get this fixed in 1.7.1.