ant-user mailing list archives

From "Francis Brennan" <fbren...@adobe.com>
Subject Leap Year Bug in Ant 1.7.0 FTP task?
Date Wed, 05 Mar 2008 21:47:34 GMT
Has anyone else run across a bug in the FTP task in Ant 1.7.0 related to
Feb 29th timestamps?.

I've used the FTP task as part of an automated system to retrieve builds
from a server and has been functioning reliably for many months without
change.  Beginning on Feb 29th at 12:00 AM, all FTP "recv" operations on
multiple machines (windows and unix) began failing with
nullPointerException originating from the FTPDirectoryScanner subclass.

The problem reproduces if I attempt to retrieve a file with a Feb 29th
date or if the file I am trying to retrieve is in a directory with other
files or directories, any of which have a Feb 29th date.  This issue
does not appear to affect "put" operations.

Anyone else run across this problem or know of a patch for it?  If not,
I'll report it as a new bug.

Francis