ant-user mailing list archives

From Michael Meyer <mike65...@yahoo.de>
Subject Ant build slower on two cores than on one core?
Date Fri, 07 Mar 2008 12:42:10 GMT
Hi,

I have a project that uses javac and a bit latex2html.
Ant version is 1.7.0. The javac is from the original
Sun JDK 6 Upodate 4. The OS is Ubuntu Linux.

When ant invokes the javac compiler the compilation
lasts longer on two cores than on one core (maxcpus=1
at the grub prompt).

This is strange:
I thought javac is not threaded? But top shows a java
process with up to 200% cpu usage on my dual core
machine.

I tried to limit it with cpulimit -e java -l 100, but
the cpu usage still rises above 100%.

Does anybody know how I could get the faster compile
times that I get with only one core activated - but
without deactivating the second core?

Thanks!
Regards,
Michael

      Lesen Sie Ihre E-Mails jetzt einfach von unterwegs.
www.yahoo.de/go