ant-user mailing list archives

From Steve Loughran <>
Subject Re: ant sql doesn't recognize the database server name with back slash?
Date Tue, 25 Mar 2008 16:25:28 GMT
Chaohua Wang wrote:
> Hi Folks,
> I am using jdbc driver to connect database. I have 2 database. The url
> is like this, another one is\sql5t9.
> I am using jtds drvie  to connect: jdbc:jtds:sqlserver://  it
> works fine.
> But for\sql5t9,  is not working. message shows:
> java.sql.SQLException: Unknown server host name '\sql5t9'.
> Could you tell what is reason why? Thank you

Its up to the driver how it handles URLS; ant just loads the specific
driver and calls driver.connect(URL). If the driver is rejecting it, it
musnt support backslashes. Given the requirement to be a URL, which
means with forward slashes, this isn't that surprising.

Steve Loughran
Author: Ant in Action

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: