ant-user mailing list archives

From Steve Loughran <ste...@apache.org>
Subject Re: xslt out of memory
Date Tue, 25 Mar 2008 10:45:47 GMT
Z W wrote:
> Martin
> I'm not sure what XQuery does and have no time to look into it to learn to
> use it.
> Remi
> I don't think I have recursion problem.
>
> Folks,
> How to I increase the heap size in the Windows Ant bat file ? I cant seem to
> find it.
> How does one also include the stack size in Windows Ant ?
> I never add more than 1 value to a Windows Env variable via their GUI before
> ?
> How do I do that ?

1. If you are using Java 5 or 6 you get the xsltc engine, which uses
more memory than xalan. Go to xml.apache.org, grab xalan and it to
ANT_HOME/lib -this may be enough

2. Select 'My computer' on the desktop, bring up the right-mouse-button
menu and go to 'properties'
   -go to 'Advanced'
   -press the button marked 'environment variables'
  -set the property ANT_OPTS to something like -Xmx512m

3. open a new console (to pick up the new values); go
  echo %ANT_OPTS%
to check

4. rerun your build.

Author: Ant in Action           http://antbook.org/