ant-user mailing list archives

From Steve Loughran <ste...@apache.org>
Subject Re: JavaC and sourcepath
Date Tue, 25 Mar 2008 10:41:10 GMT
Raja Nagendra Kumar wrote:
> We are using lot of opensource library code, which also gets complied from
> source code. However, my code many not use all the sources of opensource
> library. This way, me copying all the opensource source always is not
> recommended. For this reason only, we wanted to selectively copy only the
> files which I am using..
>
> It also helps in some projects to know what is the exact code which make the
> complete product.
>
> Basically I am want to know though javac after it does the job, list of all
> the classes it generted and from where the source code of that class was
> found.
>
> From the class files, javac could definately know what files were complied
> by javac even if we consider on demand approach. Many be though this, if ant
> javac has a way to say what are the sources location.. it would solve my
> issue.. else I many have write some thing my self :), i.e go though all the
> generated class, searching for the respective java file in source and src
> paths etc..

Ok. The <depends> task contains much of the code to do this..it looks
inside .class files to see their imports and so work out which files are
out of date (and deletes them)

But even it has a problem: constant integers and other numbers (maybe
strings too) get copied into the .class files. They are not referenced
by import.

You might be able to play with filesets, to select everything in the
build/classes directory and use that to create a pattern to copy.

Author: Ant in Action           http://antbook.org/