ant-user mailing list archives

From Olivier Gies <olivier.g...@bull.net>
Subject Re: what this mean : xml document structures must start and end within the same entity
Date Mon, 17 Mar 2008 09:53:05 GMT
You should have only 1 <project>...

Can you send the error messsage / trace ?

-------- Original Message  --------
Subject: Re: what this mean : xml document structures must start and end
within the same entity
From: Ma'moun Abu Hellu <mamounbest@yahoo.com>
To: Ant Users List <user@ant.apache.org>
Date: 17/03/2008 17:45
> hi,
>   actually I'm using Apache-ant 1.7.0  under Windows vista and i simply want to run the
tutorial example  Writing Tasks  which is

>   public class HelloWorld {
>     public void execute() {
>         System.out.println("Hello World");
>     }
> }
>   -----------
>
>   <?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1"?>
>   <project name="MyTask" basedir="." default="use">
>   <project name="MyTask" basedir="." default="jar">
>   <property name="src.dir" value="src"/>
>   <property name="classes.dir" value="classes"/>
>   <target name="clean" description="Delete all generated files">
>   <delete dir="${classes.dir}" failonerror="false"/>
>   <delete file="${ant.project.name}.jar"/>
>   </target>
>   <target name="compile" description="Compiles the Task">
>   <mkdir dir="${classes.dir}"/>
>   <javac srcdir="${src.dir}" destdir="${classes.dir}"/>
>   </target>
>   <target name="jar" description="JARs the Task" depends="compile">
>   <jar destfile="${ant.project.name}.jar" basedir="${classes.dir}"/>
>   </target>
>
>   <target name="use" description="Use the Task" depends="jar">
>   <taskdef name="helloworld" classname="HelloWorld" classpath="${ant.project.name}.jar"/>
>   <helloworld/>
>   </target>
>
>   </project>
>
>   and i got the error :  xml document structures must start and end within the same entity
>
>   i tried to change the tages but i cant solve it , so did the above build.xml correct

>   i can see their is  two < project .....> but when i delete the second one i cant
compile it

>   thanks in advance
> David Brown <david@davidwbrown.name> wrote:
>   Hello, running Ant means ant parses and executes a so-called build.xml. XML documents
in general must be what is termed as: well-formed. This means that all XML documents have
a singleton parent entity element. This means that if a generic XML document had a parent
entity element structured as:

> then to keep faith with the well-formed document rule the corresponding end element would
have to come at the end of the target XML document:

> The following links are much more authoritative and comprehensive than the above squibble:
>
> http://www.spoono.com/xml/tutorials/tutorial.php?id=2
>
> http://www.w3.org/XML/
>
> http://ant.apache.org/manual/index.html
>
> Ultimately, you have something amiss with your build.xml that Ant is trying to parse.
To get help from one of the Ant gurus you will have to create a much more meaningful message
with more information:

--

*Olivier Gies*

*Delivery Manager
Customs & Tax Software Engineering Center
Bull, Architect of an Open World ^TM
Phone: +86 (10) 65978001 - Ext 555 *

*www.bull.com <http://www.bull.com/>*

*This e-mail contains material that is confidential for the sole use of
the intended recipient. Any review, reliance or distribution by others
or forwarding without express permission is strictly prohibited. If you
are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender and delete all
copies.*