ant-user mailing list archives

From Olivier Gies <olivier.g...@bull.net>
Subject Re: ant sql call stored procedure
Date Mon, 17 Mar 2008 02:02:12 GMT
Hi,

It looks like the SQL file is encoded in some version of Unicode (UTF-8
or Unicode/UTF-16 ?), with each character using 2 bytes, and your <sql>
task is loading it in ISO-8599 by default.

You should verify your source file format (using 'file' command on *nix
systems, or any editing tool in Windows, e.g. UltraEdit32) and set the
<sql> task's "encoding" attribute accordingly (see
http://ant.apache.org/manual/CoreTasks/sql.html)

BR,
Olivier

-------- Original Message  --------
Subject: ant sql call stored procedure
From: Chaohua Wang <cwang@incomm.com>
To: Chaohua Wang <cwang@incomm.com>, Ant Users List <user@ant.apache.org>
Date: 14/03/2008 06:31

> Hi folks,
>

> I am using ant sql to call a stored procedure of Ms Sql server
>
> <sql
>     driver="${jdbcdriver}"
>     url="${dburl}/BillPay"
>     userid="${userid}"
>     password="${password}"
> 	src=" uspSelectCount.sql "
> 	classpathref="webtest.path.id"
> 	</sql>
>

> I can execute stored procedure in Ms Sql server. My stored procedure name is uspSelectCount.
 But when I am using ant sql to call the file uspSelectCount.sql  that is located with the
build file.

> I always got this exception:
>
> test:
>       [sql] Executing file: C:\workspace\Canoo\billPay\tests\uspSelectCount.sql
>       [sql] Failed to execute:   ■U S E   [ B i l l P a y ]  G O  / * * * * * *   O
b j e c t :     S t o r e d P r o c e d u r e   [ d b o ] . [ u s p S e l e c t C o u n t
]         S c r i p t   D
> a t e :   0 3 / 1 3 / 2 0 0 8   1 5 : 5 1 : 1 3   * * * * * *
>       [sql] java.sql.SQLException: Incorrect syntax near 'E'.
>       [sql] Failed to execute:   S E T   A N S I _ N U L L S   O N  G O  S E T   Q U
O T E D _ I D E N T I F I E R   O N  G O  - -   = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =
= = = = = = = = = = = = =
>  = = = = = = = = = = =  - -   A u t h o r :              < A u t h o r , , N a m e
>  - -   C r e a t e   d a t e :   < C r e a t e   D a t e , , >  - -   D e s c r
i p t i o n :       < D e s c r i p
>  t i o n , , >  - -   = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =
= = = = = = = = = = = = = = =  C R E A T E   P R O C E D U R E   [ d b o ] . [ u s p S e l
e c t C o u n t ]    A S  B
>  E G I N  - -   S E T   N O C O U N T   O N   a d d e d   t o   p r e v e n t   e x t
r a   r e s u l t   s e t s   f r o m  - -   i n t e r f e r i n g   w i t h   S E L E C T
  s t a t e m e n t s .
>   S E T   N O C O U N T   O N ;    S e l e c t     c o u n t ( * )  f r o m   d b o .
P a y m e n t s _ S t a g i n g    E n d
>      [sql] java.sql.SQLException: Incorrect syntax near 'T'.
>

> 'E' is the third character of USE. 'T' is the third character of SET. I am not sure the
reason why? Please help.

> I can execute  uspSelectCount.sql in the SQLunit.  <stmt>{call uspSelectCount()}</stmt>
>
> cwang
>

> This is uspSelectCount.sql file
> USE [BillPay]
> GO
> /****** Object:  StoredProcedure [dbo].[uspSelectCount]    Script Date: 03/13/2008 15:51:13
******/
> SET ANSI_NULLS ON
> GO
> SET QUOTED_IDENTIFIER ON
> GO
> -- =============================================
> -- Author:		<Author,,Name>
> -- Create date: <Create Date,,>
> -- =============================================
> CREATE PROCEDURE [dbo].[uspSelectCount]
>
> AS
> BEGIN
> 	-- SET NOCOUNT ON added to prevent extra result sets from
> 	-- interfering with SELECT statements.
> 	SET NOCOUNT ON;
>
> Select  count(*)
> from dbo.Payments_Staging
>
> End

*Olivier Gies*

*Delivery Manager
Customs & Tax Software Engineering Center
Bull, Architect of an Open World ^TM
Phone: +86 (10) 65978001 - Ext 555 *

*www.bull.com <http://www.bull.com/>*

*This e-mail contains material that is confidential for the sole use of
the intended recipient. Any review, reliance or distribution by others
or forwarding without express permission is strictly prohibited. If you
are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender and delete all
copies.*