ant-user mailing list archives

From "Scot P. Floess" <flo...@mindspring.com>
Subject Re: taskdef question - only usable at project level?
Date Tue, 11 Mar 2008 17:31:24 GMT
So...to be honest...

I am working on something that will allow me to download whole projects
and install...only if not installed.  Yes, I know about Ivy ;)  And will
be incorporating soon...

So, what I was trying to do was...if something is installed, download
it, unpack it and then taskdef the appropriate stuff...like
Ant-Contrib...  There are some projects - JavaCC and FindBugs that
require the whole download...  I thought it'd be nice to have the above
mentioned capabilities...

I can definitely get around this...and have...  Just wanted to avoid
some pesky warning messages when the library isn't installed yet...

So, what are the advantages of antlib?  I've not used it...

--
Scot P. Floess
27 Lake Royale

252-478-8087 (Home)