ant-user mailing list archives

From Andrew n marshall <Andrew.n.marsh...@mail.com>
Subject Re: Import task defined in other build file?
Date Wed, 05 Mar 2008 19:33:02 GMT

Doh...  Had the answer in the first word of my subject line.  Thanks Peter.

But the idea of importing the entire file seems very messy.  I was
hoping there would be a way I could import the effect of the new task
definition without all the targets and properties that define it.
Because of the potential for naming conflicts when using import, I have
to prefix all the target names.

This is especially annoying in the example I show below.  My project
uses cpptasks. And because there is no official release, I'm using
svnant to keep cpptasks updated.  If I use import for this, the runtime
namespace of my project build file contains all these other properties
and targets that have little to do with my own project, each of which
need to prefix to avoid namespace collision.

So... instead of...
   ant -f svnant.xml update
I end up with
   ant -f svnant.xml svnant_update
which seems a little redundant.  Same goes for all the clean, compile,
etc. targets of the svnant.xml and cpptasks.xml build files.

So let me clarify my question:
  Is there anyway to define a new task using a target in another build
file WITHOUT importing all the targets and properties of that buildfile?

Or do I just need to suck it up for the moment and accept the naming
prefixes?

Thanks in advance.

Anm