ant-user mailing list archives

From Steve Loughran <>
Subject Re: Disable Static content
Date Tue, 04 Mar 2008 10:08:24 GMT
Mevi wrote:
> Hi,
> In our project we would like to disable file serving. Via RAD one can edit
> the Web Deployment Descriptor. Under the extensions tab there is a check box
> for "File serving enabled" . What happens under the covers is that the
> ibm-web-ext.xmi file is modified. The attribute is for fileServingEnabled is
> set to false. This is only applicable when running on the servers and not
> our development environment. Thus we want it to be set when we build.
> However the catch we do not want this put into clear case. That is the file
> ibm-web-ext.xmi only gets modified for the artifact and not the source code.
> Is this doable? ie Can ANT change the ibm-web-ext.xmi file contents during
> the build in Anthill Pro?
> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
> <webappext:WebAppExtension xmi:version="2.0" xmlns:xmi="
>" xmlns:webappext="webappext.xmi"
> xmi:id="WebAppExtension_1186668401406" reloadInterval="3"
> reloadingEnabled="true" additionalClassPath="" fileServingEnabled="false"
> directoryBrowsingEnabled="false" serveServletsByClassnameEnabled="false">
> <webApp href="WEB-INF/web.xml#WebApp_ID"/>
> </webappext:WebAppExtension>
> Thanks!

I would recommend you have a file with all the settings set from ant

Then you take the this template and <copy> it with property expansion

Here is a presetdef template

    <!--preset to copy with ant property expansion (and always overwrite)-->
    <presetdef name="expandingcopy">
      <copy overwrite="true">

That you can use whenever you need to, such as when patching izpack xml
files or RPM .spec files:

    <expandingcopy todir="${build.dir}">
       <fileset file="izpack/install.xml"/>

    <expandingcopy todir="${rpm.SPECS}">
       <fileset dir="${rpm.metadata.dir}" includes="**/*.spec"/>

Steve Loughran
Author: Ant in Action

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: