ant-user mailing list archives

From supareno <reno.rkc...@free.fr>
Subject Re: exclude a loaded class from the classpath
Date Sun, 02 Mar 2008 20:38:06 GMT
Garrett Smith a écrit :
> On Sun, Mar 2, 2008 at 6:00 AM, supareno <reno.rkcrew@free.fr> wrote:
>
>> hello everyone,
>>
>>  i'm facing to a BIG problem at my office...
>>  i work for a company with strange practices. i have to make a build file
>>  for an old project...
>>  the problem is:
>>  (jar names are not the real one)
>>

>>  1- somebody redefines classes from A.jar in the project.
>>  2- Foo.java extends a class redefined from A.jar: the class redefines is
>>  in the project
>>  3- so i didn't use A.jar in my classpath to avoid conflicts
>>  4- But B.jar (that i need absolutely) is compiled with A.jar inside so
>>  when i lauch the build file, i've got a problem because it loads the
>>  class from A.jar to compile Foo.java and not the class defined in the
>>  project :-(
>>

> It sounds like they have a need for a branch from a certain release.
> Find out when that is.
>
> If they don't have already have a branch, they seem to need one.
>
> Get the old version of all the jars from the repository, with that
> release date, put it in the new branch.
>
> Add in changes to that branch.

i could not !! i don't have the choice: i should use the B.jar (that
contains the A.jar)
and i could not redesign the old project...

i think that i will add the missing method (because the difference
between redesigned class in the project
and the class in A.jar is a method commented in the redesigned class!)
because i can't influence on the javac
task !