ant-user mailing list archives

From "Rebhan, Gilbert" <>
Subject RE: setting properties
Date Fri, 14 Mar 2008 08:17:08 GMT
-----Original Message-----
From: []
Sent: Friday, March 14, 2008 8:36 AM
Subject: AW: setting properties

> I created an ant wrapper that calls the build.xml. The issue I have is
> that the build.xml call a and overrides the
> values I set for the environment.

Properties are immutable so once set further overridings are ignored.
Properties which are passed from the command line with -D are set first.

> Each developer has everything mapped to a d: drive, i.e. ant,
> etc.  I want it to use my values for my build server.

i guess he asks for user specific propertyfiles.

maybe like that =

use the ant builtin properties ${user.home} or ${}

${user.home}, put the in home directory
<property file="${user.home}/"/>

${}, create a propertyfile for every user
<property file="${}.properties"/>

this will load the user specific propertyfiles

Regards, Gilbert

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message