ant-user mailing list archives

From "Dominique Devienne" <ddevie...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Sync and flatten at the same time?
Date Wed, 12 Mar 2008 14:03:51 GMT
On Tue, Mar 11, 2008 at 6:46 PM, Howard Lewis Ship <hlship@gmail.com> wrote:
>  However, I also want to flatten the fileset as I synchronize.  I can
>  copy it over flattened,  no problem.  I just want to delete target
>  files that aren't in (the flattened) fileset.  <copy> accepts a
>  mapper, but <sync> doesn't.
>
>  Any hints?

You can't do that with <sync> as it's currently coded. A possible
work-around is to "manually" flatten your fileset by breaking it into
different filesets, one per "leaf" dir, which thus contain only files.
Not practical if you have a lot of dependencies. Or since <sync> looks
like it works with the resource collection framework, you may be able
to work something out as a custom resource collection or somehow craft
a smart resource collection since they accept sorting / filtering
operators I think (I've never used them, so I can't help there). --DD