ant-user mailing list archives

From "Anderson, Rob (Global Trade)" <Rob.Ander...@nike.com>
Subject RE: setting properties
Date Wed, 19 Mar 2008 18:26:20 GMT
Given that the properties in ant are immutable, you should have the
defaults set in a properties file and override them in your environment.
This is opposite of what you describe, where you are attempting to set
defaults in your environment and override them with a properties file.

-Rob Anderson

-----Original Message-----
From: Lenhof,Danny [mailto:Danny.Lenhof@gartner.com]
Sent: Thursday, March 13, 2008 10:42 AM
To: Ant Users List
Subject: setting properties

Newbie question:

I created an ant wrapper that calls the build.xml. The issue I have is
that the build.xml call a user.properties and overrides the values I set
for the environment.

Each developer has everything mapped to a d: drive, i.e. ant, weblogic,
etc.  I want it to use my values for my build server.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

dll

This e-mail message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of
the person to whom it has been sent, and may contain information that is
confidential or legally protected. If you are not the intended recipient
or have received this message in error, you are not authorized to copy,
distribute, or otherwise use this message or its attachments. Please
notify the sender immediately by return e-mail and permanently delete
this message and any attachments.  Gartner makes no warranty that this
e-mail is error or virus free.