ant-user mailing list archives

From "Suhas Majale" <>
Subject Using environment variable in SCP
Date Tue, 18 Mar 2008 06:07:47 GMT
HI all,

I am very new to ant and am using the SCP to transfer files from windows to
linux (FC 6) machine.
Following is the code,

*<scp remoteTodir="${remote.user}:${remote.password}@${host}:${
solr.home.path}/" trust="true" sftp="true">*
*<fileset dir="solr"/>
The *solr.home.path* is getting read from the associated properties file.
When I assign absolute path for solr.home.path the transfer works
i.e *solr.home.path=/root/solr-deploy/solr*

Now instead of giving the absolute path, I tried giving environment variable
that is set for that path. When I do so, the transfer fails.

Can we use environment variable in SCP ? If yes, what is the way we do it?

Regards, Suhas M