ant-user mailing list archives

From raju <raju...@hotmail.com>
Subject Retrieving key value pairs from URL and setting as system property
Date Wed, 19 Mar 2008 11:23:24 GMT

Hi,

I need to access a web URL say http://.../viewproperties  which throws plain
html with key value pairs as response.

Now as part of the main build i need to acces the above mentioned URL and
set each of the key value pairs as system environment variables so that they
are available other programs.

1)Is it  possible to read url and access properties directly without writing
to a properties file?

If we have to write to properties file to read it say like
<property url="http://www.mysite.com/bla/props/foo.properties"/>
Then how can we read a plain html  and write its key-value pair to
propreties file?

2)How can we set the key values read as system environment variables using
ANT?

Thanks and regards
Raj