ant-user mailing list archives

From gregsmit <gregs...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: How does ant do exec "spawn=true" ?
Date Mon, 10 Mar 2008 21:48:53 GMT

Hi Steve,

Thanks -- That's what I thought (and what I've seen before)  That if you
started to read from the out/err of the child process, then it would
spawning doesn't work, IE, the parent exit causes the child to exit.

Do you unhook the input and output by closing the channels, something like
this:
process.getInputStream().getChannel().close()?

If I call that for the input, output, and error streams, without reading out
a single byte, then a process created through Runtime.exec() can live after
my Java process?

That's really cool, and not something I've really been able to find out
anywhere else.

Thanks,
Greg