ant-user mailing list archives

From Prashant Reddy <prash...@pramati.com>
Subject Re: Build Webapp that runs off file:///
Date Thu, 27 Mar 2008 10:49:25 GMT

On Thu, 2008-03-27 at 10:00 +0000, Steve Loughran wrote:
> Garrett Smith wrote:
> > Hey,  I have an uncommon problem for the JSP Java guys here:
> >
> > Problem: The user wants to download a zip archive of the website that
> > can run off file:/// protocol. The website requires navigation.
> > Managing the navigation should normally be done with server-side code
> > (JSP).
> >
> > Solution 1: hand code all the links. This works, but it's a pain.
> > Solution 2: build JSP. This does not run on file:///
> >
> > what approaches can build JSP into static HTML files? is there a way
> > to do this using ANT?
>
> What about bundling Jetty and the JSP runtime, with the data into a JAR
> file and let people run it locally?

Or, you can save yourself some effort and use www.Dekoh.com

Dekoh is a Servlet,JSP runtime which can be easily[1] installed on users
desktops.  Your application a simple WAR file can be deployed on Dekoh.

This way you don't have to worry about things how to install a webserver
on end-users desktops. Will they have Java installed ? How will you
manage upgrades to your application.

[Disclaimer : I work for this product]

-Prashant
[1]:http://www.dekoh.org/wiki/view/InstallationHelp