ant-user mailing list archives

From "David Brown" <da...@davidwbrown.name>
Subject Re: what this mean : xml document structures must start and end within the same entity
Date Mon, 17 Mar 2008 01:52:02 GMT
Hello, running Ant means ant parses and executes a so-called build.xml. XML documents in general
must be what is termed as: well-formed. This means that all XML documents have a singleton
parent entity element. This means that if a generic XML document had a parent entity element
structured as:

<computer_engineer>

then to keep faith with the well-formed document rule the corresponding end element would
have to come at the end of the target XML document:

</computer_engineer>

The following links are much more authoritative and comprehensive than the above squibble:

http://www.spoono.com/xml/tutorials/tutorial.php?id=2

http://www.w3.org/XML/

http://ant.apache.org/manual/index.html

Ultimately, you have something amiss with your build.xml that Ant is trying to parse. To get
help from one of the Ant gurus you will have to create a much more meaningful message with
more information:

OS: Debian or Windows or something
Ant version: 1.5.x or 1.7 or something
Ant environment such as: ant -debug output captured from the console.
Default Ant target being execute from build.xml.

HTH.

Ma'moun Abu Hellu wrote ..