ant-user mailing list archives

From Dimitris Mouchritsas <dimitris.mouchrit...@eurodyn.com>
Subject Re: How to compile co-dependent files
Date Fri, 22 Feb 2008 08:24:24 GMT
Donald McLean wrote:
> As I understand things, it is only possible to resolve circular
> references in the same compile. In other words, they would have to not
> only be in the same target but they would also have to be in the same
> javac task within that target.
>
> YMMV, void where prohibited, cash value US$0.0002
>
> mojoRising wrote:
>>
>> But, my original question was: Is it possible for classes in A to
>> reference
>> classes in B or C? Or classes in B to reference classes in C? etc. etc.
>>
>> I wanted to spare everyone the burden of including my build file as I
>> think
>> my question is more general than specific. Thanks!

I think the lesson that must be learned from Maven is that yes, your
dependencies in a J2EE project must be a directed acyclic graph (DAG),
that is, have a common package which has no dependencies on the rest of
the project. Have your domain classes (dao's etc) depend on common,
ejb's depend on common and dao, and finally the war depends on
everything below it.  I suggest to get an idea, try to create a maven
j2ee project and you'll see the layout.