ant-user mailing list archives

From "Scot P. Floess" <flo...@mindspring.com>
Subject Re: How to compile co-dependent files
Date Thu, 21 Feb 2008 17:37:56 GMT
Understood...  But, as Dimitris pointed out you usually put your
build/classes dir in your classpath.  Additionally, you probably want
to  include  the source directory in the sourcepath  section of the
javac task...

To be honest I'm not sure you are structuring your build.xml correctly
or perhaps your source tree is scattered throughout different directories?

Usually for me, I have something like this:

projectdir
   src
      java
   build

So, I compile everything from src/java - having classes generated to the
build dir

Never do I try to compile a .java one at a time or a package at a
time...  I usually let the javac task do the hard work.  The only time I
deviate is when I have tasks that generate Java code (for example
Javacc).  In that case I generate Java code first (to a known directory)
and include that directory as well as the Java source directory in the
sourcepath for the Javac task.

This is sorta why I was trying to see your build.xml...  I don't exactly
understand how it is you have defined your build.xml or why your targets
reference different classes?  Usually targets perform some task - for
example generate, compile and document...

--
Scot P. Floess
27 Lake Royale

252-478-8087 (Home)