ant-user mailing list archives

From Dimitris Mouchritsas <dimitris.mouchrit...@eurodyn.com>
Subject Re: problems creating a jar
Date Wed, 20 Feb 2008 16:02:58 GMT
Steve Loughran wrote:
> Luca Ferrari wrote:
>> On Wednesday 20 February 2008 Dimitris Mouchritsas's cat, walking on
>> the keyboard, wrote:
>>> So for example you create:
>>> /dist
>>>    tmp/
>>>       classes/
>>>       img/
>>>       lib/
>>>
>>> and then you <jar destfile="${dist.dir}/${build.jar.name}"
>>> basedir="${dist.dir}/tmp/"> etc.
>>
>> But in this case into the jar I will have also the classes directory,
>> while it should be present only the package tree, isn't it?
>> Thanks for you suggestion, but is there any way to get the jar task
>> working with the fileset, since I've got already a tree structure
>> that contains everything I have to place in the jar?
>
> Use <zipfileset> and its prefix attribute
>
>  <zipfileset dir="build/classes" prefix="WEB-INF/classes"/>
Steve, creating a tmp dir to create a complicated structure inside a jar
file is the recommended approach? Is there a better way to do it? If the
tmp dir is the way to go I suppose it's best not to delete this dir,
except on a "clean" build right? This would allow for time stamp
checking so in case nothing changes the jar wouldn't have to be re-jared
every time?