ant-user mailing list archives

From Klaus Malorny <Klaus.Malo...@knipp.de>
Subject Re: well-defined ant/xslt problem: (how) can I do this?
Date Thu, 07 Feb 2008 21:58:23 GMT
Bill Milbratz wrote:
> Hi,
>
> i have a problem which I don't know if I can solve elegantly with ant.
>
> The problem: I'd like to use the xslt task to transform these inputs into
> the following outputs;
>
> inputs:
>
>   v10/changes.xml
>   v11/changes.xml
>   v12/changes.xml
>
> outputs:
>   v10/changes.out
>   v11/changes.out
>   v12/changes.out
>

> To clarify: the inputs lie in subdirectories. I would like the xslt/ant to
> send the outputs to "corresponding subdirectories".
>
> In reviewing the xslt docs, it looks like I can only send the xslt output to
> one directory (destdir attribute).
>
> I've looked at using 'subant', but this gets pretty complex and hard to
> follow.
>
> any suggestions?
>
> thanks,
>
> bill

Hi Bill,

I don't understand the problem. The destination directory is only the base
directory to which the relative paths are appended. I just tried the following
build file with Ant 1.6.5 (nothing newer at hand at the moment):

<project default="test">
   <target name="test">
     <xslt extension=".out" style="style.xsl" includes="**/changes.xml"
       destdir="."/>
   </target>
</project>

with the file structure:

./v10
./v10/changes.xml
./v11
./v11/changes.xml
./v12
./v12/changes.xml
./build.xml
./style.xsl

and this did exactly what I think you want. With 1.7.0 you can also define the
input files via resource collections (i.e. <fileset> and so on), which gives you
more freedom to select the individual input files. Also, with the help of the
<mapper> subelement, you can map the input path to an output path, using a
variety of operations.

Regards,

Klaus