ant-user mailing list archives

From Prashant Reddy <prash...@pramati.com>
Subject Re: Fail build when 'replace' task cannot find expected number of tokens
Date Thu, 21 Feb 2008 13:37:25 GMT
I solved this problem like this, on advice of another colleague.

 * <record> the output of the <replace> tasks
 * Look for occurrences of the string "Replaced 0 occurrences" in the
recorded output
 * If above said pattern occurs fail the build.

Of course this approach still does not cover usecase when you are
expecting to find 3 replacements but only found 2.

I guess modifying <replace> task itself, (since it obviously knows the
number of occurrences) to take expected number of occurrences would have
been a clean soln.

-Prashant