ant-user mailing list archives

From "Knuplesch, Juergen" <Juergen.Knuple...@icongmbh.de>
Subject AW: Fail build when 'replace' task cannot find expected number oftokens
Date Tue, 05 Feb 2008 12:27:11 GMT
Maybe you could copy the file without changing of the timestamp (attribute preservelastmodified).
Then do the replace on your file.
Then test via <uptodate> if a change happened.
Delete the copy

This will only work, if replace does not change the timestamp, in case of no changes.

Just an idea...

--
Jürgen Knuplesch                    www.icongmbh.de
icon Systemhaus GmbH                Tel. +49 711 806098-275
Sophienstraße 40
D-70178 Stuttgart                   Fax. +49 711 806098-299

Geschäftsführer: Uwe Seltmann
HRB Stuttgart 17655
USt-IdNr.: DE 811944121
-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Prashant Reddy [mailto:prashant@pramati.com]
Gesendet: Dienstag, 5. Februar 2008 13:06
An: Ant Users List
Betreff: Fail build when 'replace' task cannot find expected number oftokens

Hello ANT users,

Using ANT 1.6.5, a build XML i am using makes use of <replace> task to replace certain
token in a bunch of Javascript files.

I would like the build to fail when the replace of a token fails, so that when someone changes
the source file such that <replace> does not find any tokens to replace; the incident
is caught straight away.

Right now replace only supports printing of summary containing number of tokens that were
replaced, but this is not good enough for me.

Humm...Sounds like i should look up if ant-unit can help me out.

I would appreciate any suggestions. (Apart from using resourcecount which is in ANT 1.7)

Thanks for your time.
-Prashant