ant-user mailing list archives

From "Robin Chaddock" <robin.chadd...@iplay.com>
Subject Re: Generating a CSV file
Date Mon, 04 Feb 2008 17:37:35 GMT
You looking for something more complex than :-

<echo file="bigBrother.csv">${user.name},${the.date},${revision.no}</echo>

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Sam Hamilton
  To: user@ant.apache.org
  Sent: Monday, February 04, 2008 5:31 PM
  Subject: Generating a CSV file

  Hi All,

  I would like to generate a CSV file from my Ant script which will then be
  entered into a database to I can keep tabs on when the script was run and
  who it was run by. I have read the manuals and I can see that you can create
  a properties file in Ant but what I am looking for is a file which contains
  data similar to this:

  User,Date,SVNVersion

  Is this possible to do in Ant? Would the best way to do this be to write
  these details out to a log file?

  Many Thanks,

  Sam