ant-user mailing list archives

From "David Weintraub" <qazw...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Load a file name into a property (using wildcards)
Date Wed, 09 Jan 2008 02:00:56 GMT
Something like this:

<path id="mystery.file.id">
    <fileset dir="logs">
        <include name="log.*.txt"/>
     </fileset.
<path>

<property name="mystery.file" refid="mystery.file.id"/>
<echo message="And the mystery file is ${mystery.file.id}"/>

On Jan 8, 2008 2:01 PM, me youdonwannaknow <sluggo_o@hotmail.com> wrote:

> My apologies if my searching the manual, faq(s), and mail archive didn't return the answer
to this question.

> I know there'll be a single file matching a search criteria, say, "dir logs/log.*.txt".
 I want to get the file name as a property value -- but w/out the wild card.

> My attempts using , , and filesets and filelists did not work.  I suppose I can use
and the 'dir' or 'ls' commands, and parse their output.  But that seems like a kludge.  Surely
there is a better 'Ant' way of doing this.

> tia,
> - Brad G.

David Weintraub
qazwart@gmail.com