ant-user mailing list archives

From "David Weintraub" <qazw...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Properties for include in fileset
Date Tue, 01 Jan 2008 02:26:30 GMT
I am not sure what your complaint is. It looks like it is performing
as expected as far as I can tell. It looks like everything is working
according to the output of the debug.

* Are you expecting something specific?

* What is ${model-helper-source.path} being set to? Is it any chance
"**/com/**/model/**/*.java"?

* Do you have Java files in this path?

* What is being returned by the second match?

The pattern "**/*.java" maybe matching *.java files, but these *.java
files might not be under "**/com/**/model/**/*.java" pattern. It's
hard to tell with the information you gave us exactly what is going
wrong.

On Dec 18, 2007 3:11 PM, Daniels, Troy (US SSA)
<troy.daniels@baesystems.com> wrote:
> At several places, I need to build a fileset with the same properties.
> Which files are included is likely to change, so I tried to use a
> property to specify this:
>
>                         <path>
>                                 <fileset dir="..">
>                                         <include
> name="${model-helper-source.path}" />
> <!--                                    <include name="**/*.java" /> -->
>                                 </fileset>
>                         </path>
>
> When I run this with ant -debug, this fails to match anything and
> includes this output:
>
> fileset: Setup scanner in dir d:\Jaguar\dev\relaxRepair\source with
> patternSet{ includes: ["**/com/**/model*/**/*.java"] excludes: [] }
>
> When I uncomment the second include, it finds files and produces this
> output:
>
> fileset: Setup scanner in dir d:\Jaguar\dev\relaxRepair\source with
> patternSet{ includes: ["**/com/**/model*/**/*.java", **/*.java]
> excludes: [] }
>
> Note that there are quotes only around the include pattern specified
> with a property.  It appears that if I use a property, the file path is
> expected to start and end with quotes.  Is this intended?  Is there any
> way to get around this?
>
> Troy

David Weintraub
qazwart@gmail.com