ant-user mailing list archives

From <Jan.Mate...@rzf.fin-nrw.de>
Subject AW: How to set a new property based on value of another property in Ant ?
Date Tue, 29 Jan 2008 09:50:02 GMT
You could load different property files according to a base property
    <property file="${user.name}.properties"/>

And with AntContrib you could copy contents
    <property name="text.en" value="Hello World"/>
    <property name="text.de" value="Hallo Welt"/>
    <property name="language" value="en"/>
    <antcontrib:propertycopy name="text" from="text.${language}"/>
    <echo>${text} = Hello World</echo>

see also http://ant.apache.org/faq.html#propertyvalue-as-name-for-property

Jan