ant-user mailing list archives

From me youdonwannaknow <slugg...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: Load a file name into a property (using wildcards)
Date Tue, 08 Jan 2008 19:11:00 GMT

Forgot to mention... we're using Ant 1.6.5, and adding ant-contrib or other similar addon's
is not an option.  (btw, my original mailing said I'd tried using 'pathconvert' and 'available'
tasks, but those got stripped out due to my use of surrounding those names w/ > and <).

> From: sluggo_o@hotmail.com
> To: user@ant.apache.org
> Subject: Load a file name into a property (using wildcards)
> Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2008 11:01:11 -0800
>

> My apologies if my searching the manual, faq(s), and mail archive didn't return the answer
to this question.

> I know there'll be a single file matching a search criteria, say, "dir logs/log.*.txt".
 I want to get the file name as a property value -- but w/out the wild card.

> My attempts using , , and filesets and filelists did not work.  I suppose I can use
and the 'dir' or 'ls' commands, and parse their output.  But that seems like a kludge.  Surely
there is a better 'Ant' way of doing this.