ant-user mailing list archives

From Chuck Holzwarth <>
Subject Re: Rexec task for bash command in ant script
Date Thu, 24 Jan 2008 16:14:57 GMT
bash is an interactive command interpreter. cd, pwd etc. are commands that allow input then
do their jobs and exit. You can issue "bash <command_file>" to execute the commands
in the command_file and exit, but bash on its own will start an interactive shell that then
waits for input.

Swati Gaikwad <> wrote: Hello,

I am using the rexec task of ant.
I could successfully run the commands (ls, cd, pwd, etc) to the remote
machine using rexec task of ant.
When I try to run the bash command, rexec hangs.
 The rexec task I tried is as follows:

Can I have a solution for this? Please let me know is it possible to run
bash using rexec task of ant to remote machine.

Thanks and Regards,

Thank you,
Chuck Holzwarth
(804) 403-3478 (home)